Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Editors 1-17-08 Terminal 5 - NYC

Happy to announce I was on time for this show. I didn't miss half the set like last time. I went into this show completely excited...I could not wait for it to start. It was amazing - what can I say. Exactly what I expected. This next comment will throw some people off I'm sure but this band could be the next Coldplay in my opinion. I have to admit....I didn't give Coldplay a chance back when they first started. My friend Mark told me about them, in one ear....out the other. So like other bands....now they have quite the following - almost like another U2 or something. Even if Coldplay is not your thing, they are very talented and I consider them to be sort of a different type of music. Anyways...Got into Coldplay while seeing a live performance they did on SNL and thought it was the most amazing thing I had seen in a long time. To me Coldplay makes pretty music....That probably sounds stupid but that is the only way I can describe it. Anyway back to the Editors show - the place was packed with people just like myself. Eyes glued to them anxiously awaiting the next song. The way the lyrics blend so well with he music, parts of it are so pretty it can be very emotional. The show went by too fast, just great song after great song.

No comments: